Liebster Award: Part 3
Notto disu shitto agen… Joking, Miharusshi.
Anyway, I was nominated for the Liebster Award again, this time by Miharusshi of AnimeRaifu. I’m not going to bother everyone with the rules and whatnot; you can check out my older Liebster posts for that.
1. If you could live in Japan (and also assume full Japanese knowledge), would you? Why?
If I’m fluent in Japanese knowledge, both in writing and speaking, hey, why not? I wouldn’t mind living in Japan though I’m worried about their working culture and high cost of living-though the former can be worrisome for just about any places, not just Japan. Living or no, I would at least love to visit the country just once sometime as a vacation trip though.
2. If you could have any job at an animation studio (apart from the President/CEO, because he’s hiring you), what would it be?
Assuming I have all the technical skills required for any kind of jobs at an animation studio, I’m actually more interested in the creative than the management side-so any pertaining to that would be great. I’m thinking key animator, character designer, scriptwriter or storyboarder. I’m less interested in the sound department, however.
3. What is(are) your favorite book(s)?
I think this ask.fm speaks for itself. So yeah, the only books I read are trashy LNs so they might not be the “books” you’re looking for. But to answer your question nonetheless, one of my few favorite light novels so far are HakoMari, Sayonara Piano Sonata, All You Need is Kill, DDD and just lately, a new addition to my favorites-Mimizuku to Yoru no Ou; all thanks to Cho’s Summer Reading Program helping me to get my lazy ass to finally read it, since it’s been in my LN backlog since forever. Also, a review for Mimizuku is on it’s way here.
4. What do you think is the role of art in society? This includes all forms of art: dancing, music, literature, film, animation, sculpture, etc.
It enriches your lifestyles-bolstering creativity, imaginations and color to your life. It also has the ability to promote cross-cultural understanding-this is the most apparent with how us consumers of Japanese anime had started to comprehend Japanese culture through their art. Last but not least, art also promotes fandom engagement-most apparent with franchises like Vocaloid, Touhou, Love Live, Idolm@ster, Kancolle and the likes (I’m using a lot of anime examples, well, it IS something I’m the most familiar with).
5. What is(are) your favourite food?
Anything edible is fine.
6. Favorite pastimes or hobbies other than anime?
Listening to Vocaloid and watching random Vocaloid videos; some MMDs are also kinda amusing to watch. I also watch movies and TV series when I can, although the only ones I watched for the latter is shitty wrestling videos.
7. What’s the anime you always go back to when you don’t feel like watching something new?
I seldom rewatch anime, but Gintama maybe? I always find myself searching cut segments of Gintama on youtube. Now that when I think about it, I also did the same for some cute girls doing cute things shows like GochiUsa and KinMosa. Being cut segments, their cute, but brief antics translate really well to youtube.
8. Do you let the opening and ending songs play or you prefer to skip them?
If I love the songs, I’ll just let them play, if I don’t like/feel the song’s just around average, I skip them.
9. Have you ever thought about joining an international organization, like WHO, FAO, WWF, etc.?
No, no plans for now.
10. What do you think of jewelries?
Eh, nice to have, but wouldn’t kill you not to have them either.
11. Do you think you’ll still be blogging five years from now?
I’m not sure, but I sure hope so! If I can survive another five more years, I’ll be inching close to ten years. I hesitate to say “yes” though since I had been having quite a lot of RL issues lately. I have some big things I’m planning for this year, so one way or the other, I will make sure to survive for the remaining of this year at least.
Thanks for the nomination, Miharusshi! Not going to nominate anyone or ask my own set of questions on my side here, but feel free to give your own answers to these questions I answered.