Sunshine Blogger Award: Part 2
It’s time to have another go at some of these awards. This time, it is OG of Yuri Nation who nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. In this award, you need to answer a set of questions by the last person who nominated you.
1. Is there an anime that you’ve never finished, but you still hope to one day?
I always try my best to finish what I started so I guess the answer’s no. I do have an insane amount of manga I really need to finish though. A lot of these manga were still ongoing at the time I was reading them, and never noticed most of them have already ended until recently.
2. Have you ever cried while watching anime? If so, which anime was it?
I mean, you are talking to a guy who always cry while watching idol shows, but never shed a tear while watching Clannad.
3. Everybody seems to have guilty pleasures, shows they might not want to admit that they like. Do you have one?
HI IT’S ME THE MASTER OF YURI TRASH. THE GUY WHO ACTUALLY SPENT 50 HOURS IN SAKURA DUNGEO-
4. What’s the best song that you’ve heard this year?
5. Do you have a nickname, and if so, how did you get it?
In real life, no. But the man with a thousand names in the internet (as with everyone I suppose). On that note, I really like the one I’m using for my blog — “Kai”. At first, I wanted a name which is short, simple and can be literally based off of everything. It’s also Asian-like so it’s perfect (I’m a Chinese). And while I was definitely thinking Asian as I thought up the name, I looked up the name on wiki and it’s much more universal than I thought. I suppose the fact that one word can stand for so many meanings in different languages is the perfect culmination of my many names in the internet.
6. What blogging-related thing are you most proud of?
The fact that I can still maintain a somewhat consistent activity for more than half a decade already. At this point, I’m no longer looking for any accomplishments or anything. If I can still write posts, and there’s still people who read them — I consider it a battle won.
7. What are your pet peeves?
Bad social media communities though there’s like a lot of them, or maybe I have just grown too cynical of community interaction, even in the internet. I love you guys though :p
8. When you’re finished blogging, what do you want to be remembered for?
That hopefully I have at least somewhat made my mark somewhere in a corner of the aniblogging world.
9. If you had a personal theme song that played wherever you go, what would it be?
Give me a live orchestra and I will come strutting along with a masquerade mask. Totally my kind of aesthetics (or not).
10. What was the last movie you watched? How was it?
I just watched Koe no Katachi not too long ago. An amazing character-driven movie and I can finally understand the countless praises for it. While the characters definitely made it work, KyoAni’s direction is also the perfect accompaniment that enhanced the viewing experience — making the movie truly a must-watch. Koe no Katachi is an impressive movie in a different way than Your Name. My thoughts on the movie can be found here.
11. What do people think is weird about you?
The fact that I almost never talk in real life, stone-faced with dead fish eyes. The most charming guy you’re ever gonna find.